LIFE CARE FACILITIES
Faith based Seniors' Support
FAIRWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH
251 Avenido Los Angelos, The Villages Fl. 32162
- Adopt A Resident – a program at Brownwood Care Center in Wildwood where women adopt a resident who is not visited by members of a local church or has no family in the area. Visit “girlfriends” on Tuesdays from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Congregational Care Ministry – encourages members to communicate needs.
- Griefshare – support for people dealing with loss of a loved one.
- For Church Members – those recuperating from surgery, sickness or injury may need food preparation, house cleaning, meal delivery, etc.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH AT THE VILLAGES
16523 SE 76th Chatham Ave, The Villages, FL 32162
Grief share team.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
203 Barwick St. Wildwood, FL 34785
Wildwood Soup Kitchen and meal delivery: wildwoodsoupkitchen.org
HOPE LUTHERAN VILLAGES
250 Avenida Los Angelos, The Villages, FL 32162
Corner of Morse Blvd. and CR 466
My Time for Free Time is a respite program for people who have Alzheimer's, Parkinsons or other special needs every Thursday from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. There is a supervised environment where caregivers can drop off family members. They provide games and entertainment.
NORTHLAKE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
975 Rolling Acres Road, Lady Lake, FL 32159
- Alzheimer's Support Ministry – meets twice monthly with information, support and assistance for caregivers, their families and friends. A second support group meets monthly and is designed to provide information and support to people who are diagnosed with early Alzheimer's.
- Buddy Ministry – originated from Operation Homebound and visits with lonely people after meals are delivered.
- Operation Homebound – provides meals for shut-ins who reside within the boundaries of The Villages, Fruitland Park and north to Highway 42 in Marion County.
OPEN BIBLE LUTHERAN CHURCH
4671 Bellwether Lane, Oxford, FL 34484
Caregivers and Bereavement Support Group open to all
ST. TIMOTHY CATHOLIC CHURCH
1351 Paige Place, The Villages, FL 32159
Ministry to the sick for church members.
ST. GEORGE EPISCOPAL CHURCH
1250 Paige Place, The Villages, FL 32159
Veterans Outreach for parishioners.